How do you get a quick divorce Singapore?
If you wish to have a quick divorce Singapore, you will need to fulfil the following criteria:
- You have to be married for at least 3 years.
- At least one of you is a Singapore citizen. If both parties are not Singapore citizens, either one of you is a resident in Singapore for the past 3 years, immediately before the filing of the divorce.
- You should speak to your spouse about the divorce and try to reach a settlement with him/ her on:
A quick divorce Singapore will take about 4 months from the date you engage us.
Typically, the process is as follows:
- 1st appointment: We are engaged. We will need a photocopy of your marriage certificate, NRIC and children’s birth certificates. We will prepare the divorce papers and you will receive a copy of the draft divorce papers on the spot!
- 2nd appointment: We will meet up with you and your spouse. A Commissioner of Oaths will be present to witness the signing of the divorce papers by you and your spouse. The signed divorce papers will be submitted to the Family Justice Courts.
- The Court will fix a hearing date. Both you and your spouse need not attend. The Court will grant the divorce.
We will send you a copy of the Certificate of Interim Judgment and Certificate of Final Judgment of the divorce about 4 months from the date of engagement.
Can a quick divorce Singapore be any quicker? Yes, if you have some really unique reasons! For instance, one party is seeing another party and there is a baby who will be born in 2 months’ time. In such cases, the divorce can be finalized even before 4 months is up. In another example, one party may be suffering from a terminal illness and has a limited lifespan. The Court is likely to expedite such cases and you may even finish your divorce in 2 months’ time!
Why choose us?
You are keen on a quick divorce Singapore at the lowest cost. We spend at least 30 minutes to an hour with every client and prepare the papers on the spot! This means that at the end of the first appointment, you will have the first draft ready. Assuming that both parties are agreeable, the signing can take place as early as the next day! Hence, we will submit the divorce papers to Court within 24 hours from the point of engagement! Your divorce can’t get any faster than this!
For more information on quick divorce Singapore, contact us today!
You may wish to read more about: